I have found an amazing recipe for a little healthy snack. Something you can make and have them ready for the week when you need a little pick me up. Maybe you need to get ready for your workout or even to fuel back up afterwards. Perfect to get rid of those sweet cravings also!
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 6 dates, pitted (I used 10-12)
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1 sachet of vanilla complete shake
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil ( I used 3-4 tbsps)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Makes 8 Protein Balls
- Add the dates, oats, coconut oil, protein powder, vanilla extract and chia seeds in a food processor and process until combined.
- Add the pumpkin seeds and cranberries and pulse a few times
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl
- Separate the mixture into 8 piles
- Using the palm of your hands, roll the mixture into a firm ball and place on a plate. Repeat until all the balls have been made
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and serve!
When I tried making these for the first time using the scaling in the ingredients list I turned up with a crumbly mess. There were no balls being made out of that. If you see in parentheses I ended up using more dates and coconut oil until the mixture became sticky enough to roll into balls. I suggest starting with the suggested amounts and slowly adding additional until you get the right consistency. Then VOILA you just made yourself a nice little treat!
If you are interested in more of these delish recipes, they are all in our Healthstyle Emporium!